Monday, September 12, 2011

Entry #1

Lose One Pound a Week: Easy, right? WRONG.

If you're reading this, you already follow my other blog where I write about the things I love and feel most passionately about: Motherhood, Life and Love. However, something I DON'T enjoy writing about is my struggle with my weight and my body image. I was reflecting on it this morning as I was looking at pictures of myself from the girls' baptism and I thought, "I can't possibly be the only new mother who struggles with their weight, body image and self esteem." What I do know, though, is that writing is very theurapetic for me, and I decided that I was going to start a blog dedicated solely to this struggle - including it's triumphs, tribulations, tears and all. It will be ugly, honest, and at times uplifting, but by writing this I feel like I'm doing something to help myself, and possibly another new mother.

I'll include healthy recipes I've found or fun new workouts I've discovered, and I will even post my starting weight, goal weight and all. (I weigh myself on Wednesday mornings, so stay tuned for that blog). My goal is to lose one pound a week, as I feel as though that is a healthy, maintainable weight loss. I'll turn it into my weight, exercise and diet log in hopes to motivate myself. I'm looking forward to starting this journey with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment